Fortian respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, employees and website visitors.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
"Personal Information" is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not.
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information from our customers, employees, contractors, survey participants and other individuals that is reasonably necessary for our activities. These activities may include:
- delivering security consultancy services to our clients;
- marketing and selling our products and services;
- improving our products and services, including through better understanding customer needs;
- providing customers and potential customers with information and updates; and
- conducting recruitment and employee related activities.
When and how do we collect your Personal Information?
Fortian may collect Personal Information about you when you:
- engage with us in the course of delivering a project or customer engagement;
- consult with us directly or indirectly through a workshop;
- complete a survey with us;
- contact us by telephone, facsimile, email, post or in person;
- request information about us or our products or services or provide feedback, change your content or email preferences;
- enter into an agreement or contract with us;
- fill in a form on our website;
- attend a Fortian event; or
- become an employee or go through our recruitment processes.
Fortian may also collect Personal Information about you via third parties including from our clients, suppliers, through events or online marketing.
How do we use Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information we collect about you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to promote and market our services to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our website;
- to deliver security consulting services;
- to provide you with ongoing information about us and our activities;
- to use aggregated or de-identified information for the purposes of data analysis, research and reporting;
- to comply with regulatory or other legal requirements;
- to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Fortian, its customers or third parties;
- for purposes related to the recruitment and employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our staff; and
- for any other use required or permitted by law or any other purpose communicated to you at the time that the Personal Information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
We may use your Personal Information for a secondary purpose if that secondary purpose is related to the purposes listed in this section, if we have your consent or if otherwise provided for under the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Personal Information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
We may from time to time need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-Personal Information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
Security of your personal information
Fortian is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Access to your personal information
You may request details of Personal Information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit our websites, including www.fortian.com.au, we may collect information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Our site may have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Fortian is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.